CITY OF VIENNA FAMILY RELIEF FUND
The FRF seeks to provide residents who have been negatively impacted by COVID-19 to make short-term (up to six months) emergency payments on behalf of individuals or families. This may include utility payments to prevent a cutoff of service, and/or housing payments to prevent eviction/homelessness. The program operates on a first-come first-serve basis.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
- Must qualify as low income and provide required documents such as:
- proof of income
- Must have one, or more of the following;
- Delinquency notice from landlord
- Demand letter from the mortgage institution
- Cutoff notice from utility provider (gas, electric, water)
- Documentation of financial hardship as a result of COVID-19 (job loss, loss of hours, loss of income, increase in expense, unable to secure employment due to job market etc.).
- Must reside in the corporation limits of the City of Vienna (pay Police fees).
HOW IT WORKS
- Benefits may be limited/capped to $2,000 per household and assistance directed to the most urgent need(s).
- CDBG-CV funds may be used to provide emergency payments for individuals or families impacted by coronavirus for housing (emergency rental assistance or mortgage assistance) or utilities for up to six consecutive months. Please note that a household may not receive more than $2,000 and may prioritize most urgent needs if multiple needs arise. If multiple needs are verified by a case manager, the program will prioritize housing assistance that prevents homelessness
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information, please call the Community Resources, Inc. at 304.485.5525. The City of Vienna thanks CRI for administering this important program.